DurationOne Year Full Time Course
AwardQQI Level 5 Community Development 5M3050
All applicants will be interviewed. Mature students welcome. Leaving Certificate standard including Leaving Certificate Applied.
Students will undertake work experience in a community setting throughout the year.
This course has been designed to introduce students to the theory and practice of Community Development. It will enable students to develop leadership skills to facilitate community groups. They will gain an understanding of working in a multicultural society and ensuring equality and diversity in the community sector.
Course Content Overview (or Year One)
- Working with groups
- Understanding Community Development
- Community Development Practice
- Work Experience
- Intercultural Studies
- Equality and Disability
- Training and Development Context
- Word Processing
For students that wish to progress straight to employment, there are many administrative roles available implementing and coordinating projects in the local community. These positions require the ability to work towards creating an inclusive multicultural society and manage training and development within a community setting.
There are progressional opportunities for graduates to the following undergraduate courses:
- UCD Social Policy and Sociology DN750
- UCD Social Sciences DN700
- Maynooth University BA in Adult and Community Education
- Marino Institute of Education BSC in Education Studies
- Marino Institute of Education BSC in Early Childhood Education
APPLY FOR THIS COURSE ONLINE »